£0 - £47000 per annum
020 7193 8002
15 days ago
Head of Dental Services is required in Exeter, the post holder will have a shared responsibility, for the running of the companies subsidiary.
The post holder will be directly accountable for the operational performance and delivery of all Dental services run by the company.
Working with members of the Executive Director Team, the post holder will be responsible for the monitoring of the delivery of Dental services to the DDG Board and ensuring that best practice and use of resources in the provision of Dental services is maintained for the benefit of patients and staff.
Some key responsibility areas
- Working with the CEO
- Provide leadership to develop and implement both short and long term strategies and ensure that agreed plans are sustainable and effectively delivered.
- Ensure that the Company exercises its functions effectively, efficiently and economically and with good governance.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with a range of local partnerships and stakeholders.
- Provide to the Board strategy and annual plans for the provision of services in partnership with other key stakeholders.
Working with the Executive Team / Medical Directors
- Create an organisational culture of feedback and collaboration
- Ensure clinical engagement and develop a clinical workforce strategy.
- Provide assurance to the Board in respect of compliance with the required regulatory requirements.
- Provides leadership within the Company, line-managing and leading the local team in support of the clinical leadership, enabling it to work corporately to deliver strategic and operational plans.
- To build a strong working relationship with the Board, meeting with the members on a regular basis to ensure that the Board are informed of company risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with legislative regulatory bodies e.g. CQC with responsibility for CQC compliance.
- Establish effective working relationships and communications with staff ensuring staff are motivated, developed, supported and respected.
- Ensures that the Company operates in a way that maintains high standards of public service, public accountability, integrity and probity.
Key Working Relationships
• Chief Executive and Executive Directors of Devon Doctors Ltd
• Board and Directors of Access Dental
• Patients and their Carers / Representatives
• Managers and Staff within Access Dental and the wider DDG
• Local Dental Practices
• Sessional Dentists and Dental Nurses
• Local Health and Social Care Providers
• Local Medical Committee
• NHS England
• Care Quality Commission
• Medicines Management Group
• South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
• NHS 111 Provider
• Hospital Trusts
• NEW Devon CCG
• South Devon and Torbay CCG
• Boards of Devon Doctors Subsidiary Organisations
• OOH Providers in Dorset and Somerset
• Local Pharmacy Committee
Position: Head of Services
Employment Term: Perm - FT
Days: Mon-Fri / some weekends
Hours: Flexibility required
Desirable: Dental/ Hospital background
Start date: ASAP- Happy to wait for right candidate
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Dental Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private Dental services. We supply work to Dental Nurses, Dental Receptionists, Practice Managers, Dental Hygienists and Dentists. We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Dental Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.